1. Grease 4 bread pans, or fill 36 muffin tins with liners.
2. Mix 1/4 c. sugar and 1 t. cinnamon. If you are baking bread, sprinkle this into the pans. If you are making muffins, set aside.
3. Cream together the butter, 3 c. sugar, eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla, and cinnamon.
4. Mix in salt, baking soda, and flour.
5. Stir in nuts. Pour into pans or muffin tins.
6. If you are making muffins, sprinkle your sugar/cinnamon mix from step 2 onto the batter in the cups.
7. Bake at 300 1 hour for bread/check at 35 minutes for muffins. Toothpick should come out clean.