Vintage Sewing Pattern Flowers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011
 I used some vintage sewing patterns last month to make storage pockets, and gift tags.  I decided to hunt down ideas for how to use the remnants (uhh...30 or so more patterns, I guess I went a little crazy).  I've found lots of ideas, but in the midst of a busy August, this was one I was able to throw together quickly.  I saw these for sale at a scrapbook store about an hour from my house.  Old scraps of patterns....check. 
 You could use a cricut or a punch to punch out flours, but I just folded the pattern in half, in half again, in half again and then cut a curved top. 
 Tada a paper flower...
 Stack, and then push a decorate brad, or sew on a button, and I've got some accessories for crafts. 

2 comments

TeenaBugg38 said...

Very cute! You must have mad scissor skills cut at first sight I thought these were die cute....so naturally my question was gonna be How did you do that wthout the paper ripping or getting stuck....lol. I have a ton of ald sewing patterns that i picked up for next to nothing at a thrift store with intenetions of making flowers and such.....but Imma slacker....lol...I'm gonna give thids a whirl later! Thanks for the inspiration!

Deb said...

you are so resourceful Christy...love it..