Oven-Roasted Potatoes

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

 I saw this recipe on Cooking Ventures, and I've been on a red potato kick lately....like....for the last three years, so I had to try it out.  I'm sooooo glad I did!  This recipe is a keeper fo' sho'! 
One Fun Tip I learned about potatoes....I was making these for company after church, and I didn't want to go through the entire process of preparing the potatoes once I got home.  After a google search, I learned that you can slice potatoes the night before, submerge them in cold water, throw them in the fridge, and just pull them out and drain them right before you use them in a recipe.  I'm always looking for ways to make dinners come together quicker when I get home/have people over etc. 
Oven Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Ingredients:  3 lbs small red potatoes (leave the skins on), 1/3 c. Olive Oil (not Extra virgin), 1 oz pkt Onion Soup Mix, 1 Oz. Packet Ranch Dip Mix, 1/2 t. Garlic Powder, 1/2 t. Black Pepper, 1 c. grated cheddar cheese, green onions. 
Instructions: 
1.  Cut ptoatoes in half, and cut halves into quarters. 
2.  Mix Oil, Onion and Ranch Mix, and seasonings. 
3.  Toss potatoes in the mix. 
4.  Place potatoes in one layer on a pan sprayed with cooking oil.  Make sure one side of the cut potato is touching the pan so it browns nicely (OK, I totally read that wrong and thought for some reason it said to make sure the skin only touched the pan....and I spent 10 minutes carefully placing 3 pounds of cut potatoes skin side down....because I'm just that good). 
5.  Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 35 minutes.  If you want them less crunchy, cover them for 15 minutes with foil for the first 15 minutes.  Mine were still fine eliminating this step. 
6.  Toss hot potatoes in cheese and chopped green onions. 

1 comment

tt.scraps said...

Looks yum!