Santa Hat Cheese

Friday, December 13, 2013
Usually when I craft for Christmas-I set it to post NEXT year.  Mostly because so much of what I'm doing is going to be a gift for someone, but also b/c my blog is usually already filled with projects from last Christmas.  I was so in love with these little cheeses I broke my blog rule and I moved what I had originally set to post today....and did this instead.  I don't know why I'm so in love with these, perhaps because as I post this I've been stuck in my house for 3 days b/c of a layer of ice outside, but...I heart them.  They are so simple to make, and I think it's adorable.  I was inspired when I saw a post where someone had painted some laughing cow cheese to look like candy corn for Halloween and I thought-hey-Santa!  I just took a little drop of food dye and a clean paint brush and painted my laughing cow cheese slice.  
I let it dry and then put some ricotta cheese into a ziplock baggie, snipped the corner and pipped on Santa's fuzz like I would icing.  Umm...hello adorableness, meet easiness-I think you are going to get along just fine!

No comments